Position Wanted Looking for a preliminary PGY-1 IM position

Started by Subihabi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Subihabi

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am an IMG physician looking for a preliminary PGY-1 Internal Medicine position for July 2022.

I completed a US ACGME accredited Internal Medicine Residency in 2011, worked 3 years in primary care then returned home to Africa in 2014 (3 years after completing Residency here in US) and my Board Eligibility lapsed.

I returned to USA to do a fellowship in Nephrology in 2019 which I have now completed.

According to ABIM, I would need to do an extra year of residency in an ACGME accredited institution to regain my IM Board eligibility.

If you know a program that can offer me a position as a PGY-1 ,I would be extremely grateful.