Looking for Advice: 1 week before exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Predent1997

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I could really use some advice. So this is my second time taking the exam and I got an 18 AA 17 QR last summer 3.8 sci gpa, so I wasnt too happy about that. I am scheduled to take the test next week Wednesday, and I have been taking most of the tests as sectionals 6 and 7 sectionals but back to back like a full length so time wasnt much of an issue cause I would pause the clock here and there. 8 I tried to actually did a full length and got a

19 AA: Bio 19 Gchem 19 OChem 20 Reading 20 QR 17 :(.

My game plan is to take 9 as a full length tomorrow and 10 full length on Wednesday, I really am aiming for at least a 20 AA for the real , but am nervous for my math section as that has been my most troubling section. I was going to proceed with the test if I got good scores on both 9 and 10 with timed conditions. But if not I was planning on pushing it back, but the problem is It would probably have to be during the school year sometime. I’ve been studying since May but turned on the jets at the last 4 weeks of prep to be honest.

I was thinking if necessary pushing it back to possibly thanksgiving break and still studying while in school essentially going through the notes again for all the subjects strengthening my reading, going making more flashcards, memorizing the sheet really well etc. Idk could use some advice, don't want to have to take it thrice haha.

Im sorry for the long post, but I just need some advice for what I should do.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I'm taking it next Wednesday too! So I think your scores for the sciences and reading will probably end up being at least 20 on the real DAT. For QR, I've seen several people get a couple points higher on their QR on the DAT compared to Bootcamp. My friend averaged a 17.5 on QR and made a 21 in that section on the DAT. Go over your mistakes and explanations for the Bootcamp tests, then get familiar with the formulas on the formula sheet, and you should be good. Since your other Bootcamp scores are fine, I don't think it's necessary to reschedule. Plus, most people say the QR section is easier than the practice tests.

Here are my DAT scores from my breakdown.

DAT Scores:

Official DAT Scores:
BIO: 23
GC: 23
OC: 21
RC: 20
QR: 21(!!)
PAT: 21

Bootcamp Scores( 6-10, 1-5):

BIO: 18,20,20,20,20 | 22,21,19,21,20
GC: 14,18,18,19,19 | 20,18,20,21,19
OC: 18,19,17,22,20 | 19,17,18,20,20
RC: 17,19,19,19,18 | 20,17,22,22,20
QR: 16,17,17,17,17 | 19,17,17,17,16(lol)
PAT: 19,20,19,19,20 | 21,21,21,20,20

So as you can see, my scores on the DAT were better in most sections compared to Bootcamp. Also, BC QR is pretty hard in my opinion, the real DAT QR was easier to me. So if you are scoring 19 on average, you should be in a good position to score well! Remember that BC tests are designed to TEACH you, not to be accurate representation of what you might score. Best of luck!

I just posted a breakdown of my DAT that I took today. If you look at my Bootcamp scores for test 10, my scores on the actual DAT were much higher. I think Dat BC is quite a bit harder than the actual DAT, but that doesn't mean you should underestimate it. Try to bring that QR score up to at least a 19. Watch youtube videos and make sure to understand every question you get wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
Test 9:
Bio: 21
Gchem: 18 :confused:
Ochem: 20
PAT: 20
Reading: 18 :(
QR: 19

Taking Test 10 on Thursday to give myself time to review till then. I felt like this one had a TON of Calculations for Gchem. It was unreal

Don't worry too much about the bootcamp reading comp too much. It wasn't as straightforward as the actual dat. Your scores look decent all around. For calculations, go to the bootcamp gchem section, and click on the stoichiometry, and general concepts tab. Practice every problem type you feel uncomfortable with. The actual dat had a moderate amount of calculations, but all of them were completely doable.

Reactions: 1 user
Test 10:
AA: 19
Bio: 19
Chem: 19
Ochem: 20
Reading: 19
Math: 20
PAT: 20

This was the last full length I had. Test 10 was a doozy. Test on Wednesday the 8th. Am I at a good standing? I will review the things I am weak in tonight and for the rest of the time till test. Thanks for the Input guys. I really appreciate it.

Your scores were not too far from my test 10, i think you will be fine. You have a whole week to review things you didn't understand.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys update so I ended up taking it today and am glad that I did. Here are the scores:

GEN CHEM: 26
O CHEM: 19
BIO: 22
QR: 16 :(:mad::eek:
RC: 21
TS: 22
AA: 21

I don't want to retake but I was so brain dead by the time that QR Came around, I shouldn't have to retake right?

Thank you again for all the input. It really helped me feel confident to give it a go.

Hey guys update so I ended up taking it today and am glad that I did. Here are the scores:

GEN CHEM: 26
O CHEM: 19
BIO: 22
QR: 16 :(:mad::eek:
RC: 21
TS: 22
AA: 21

I don't want to retake but I was so brain dead by the time that QR Came around, I shouldn't have to retake right?

Thank you again for all the input. It really helped me feel confident to give it a go.

I think it depends on each school's cutoff for the QR which could reduce the potential schools you could apply to.

Did you feel that the RC on the real is easier compared to BC's RC? I find BC's questions to be sometimes dense such as comparing two statements.

In my opinion it was easier, but test day has a certain weight to it that always feels kinda hard. There were comparison on my test and I also had to do some math, regarding questions.