Looking for advice from DNPs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ADN2DNP

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm currently a second year DNP student. I've posted on here before, and got some pretty good advice regarding how to go about a DNP project from the time of acceptance to the program. Currently, I'm in somewhat of a situation as my project site contacted me pretty late into the game and told me that there was too much administrative issues to continue doing the project there. Of course, with our current pandemic in mind, it's somewhat difficult to find a site at the moment. I'm moreso looking for advice on how to find a DNP project site when you've exhausted a good amount of options. I have tried my workplace and friends with healthcare contacts. Of course my program is helping, however it seems as if the brunt of the work in terms of finding a project site is on the student. I'll certainly direct message anybody on here if needed. Just throwing out a "wide net" so to speak.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Right now it would be fruitless to be trying to do anything along the lines of setting up a project. This might be the case for a long time. However, you can be brainstorming new opportunities for projects for the new reality we face. Or consider projects that highlight how well modifications to existing practices worked. I’d see if I could focus on retrospective analysis of breakdown in processes that we are seeing unfold right now. Example... what led us to supply chain shortages that result in not having enough PPE. There are going to be all sorts of new avenues to pursue, but you’ll probably have to wait a while.

Hey guys,

I'm currently a second year DNP student. I've posted on here before, and got some pretty good advice regarding how to go about a DNP project from the time of acceptance to the program. Currently, I'm in somewhat of a situation as my project site contacted me pretty late into the game and told me that there was too much administrative issues to continue doing the project there. Of course, with our current pandemic in mind, it's somewhat difficult to find a site at the moment. I'm moreso looking for advice on how to find a DNP project site when you've exhausted a good amount of options. I have tried my workplace and friends with healthcare contacts. Of course my program is helping, however it seems as if the brunt of the work in terms of finding a project site is on the student. I'll certainly direct message anybody on here if needed. Just throwing out a "wide net" so to speak.

Thanks!

This is a perfect time for a DNP project. Do one on a COVID related practice change. You’ll be on the fast track. Find one that allows for off site chart review and data compilation. I’m the only DNP who actively posts that I know of, maybe there are more? I doubt it.

I’d certainly try to see if anyone would allow access, because you aren’t out anything, and could strike gold. I think the big issue will still be to even Get someone on the phone, let alone serve as your shepherd to get you through all the bureaucratic hurdles involved. What’s happening is still very fresh. A lot no of people staying home. Difficulty gaining trust when you can’t even meet directly with the person wanting to glean your hospital’s confidential records. Once the dust settles, and staff are willing to accommodate projects again, a COVID centric project should be front and center in your mind. But students aren’t going to be a priority for quite some time. They politely put up with everyone over the years due to them being in the pipeline for recruiting, but things now are messy. I’m seeing providers laid off, not to mention support staff. It’s scary and distracting.