Looking for advice on more study materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnnnyD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What I have now:

• The Princeton Review course books and 4 practice tests (all pretty easy, one is 2007 ADA). pretty much the MCAT books.
  • cliffs bio
  • chads GC and OC and now his QR section
  • DAT Achiever (the 3 test package)
  • Crack DAT PAT
I feel like I am lacking in QR and RC and would like some more practice examples for all of the subjects. What resource should I look at purchasing next that would help primarily in those sections? I was thinking DAT destroyer...Ive heard good things about their math destroyer...how's their RC?

Just looking for a little advice, and all help is appreciated. Im taking my DAT on the 22nd for what it's worth.

EDIT: what about topscore? or is that better for the sciences?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What I have now:

• The Princeton Review course books and 4 practice tests (all pretty easy, one is 2007 ADA). pretty much the MCAT books.
  • cliffs bio
  • chads GC and OC and now his QR section
  • DAT Achiever (the 3 test package)
  • Crack DAT PAT
I feel like I am lacking in QR and RC and would like some more practice examples for all of the subjects. What resource should I look at purchasing next that would help primarily in those sections? I was thinking DAT destroyer...Ive heard good things about their math destroyer...how's their RC?

Just looking for a little advice, and all help is appreciated. Im taking my DAT on the 22nd for what it's worth.

EDIT: what about topscore? or is that better for the sciences?

Math destroyers pretty intense. The explanations are really helpful. There are a ton of problems. And alot of people testify that some of the questions are almost verbatim to DAT

I really like CDP reading comp. Some people hate it but I think its good practice. I wouldn't even do Achiever RC. If you've done any of the RC you will know what I mean. Also if you want to take it to the next level you might want to check out Godfrey RC. The passages are super intense. Harder than Achiever but that's because they are detailed and long. Achiever is just a big mess. Godfrey is around 65$ for 10 tests. Word of caution though, Godfrey is a huge pain in the butt to install and get rollin. You have to sign up, register, pay, send an email, request a key, unzip this, copy and paste that. They really need to get their poop together in terms of usability. Also if you have a notebook computer there is a good change the screen wont resize itself which renders the test completely unusable. They don't tell you that on the website and I had to find out the hard way. But if you can get past all that it's probably the best RC out there. Barrons DAT has an outlandishly difficult RC as well. If you use the last 2 just don't get frustrated if you don't finish in the alloted time bc they are way too long to knock out in an hour.

Members don't see this ad :)
Buy Crack DAT PAT, Crack DAT Reading, DAT destroyer, thats all. Save some money too :D
DAT destroyer comes with practice problems for all the sciences and QR, correct? Is DAT destroyer enough for QR or is the Math DAT Destroyer necessary?

DAT destroyer comes with practice problems for all the sciences and QR, correct? Is DAT destroyer enough for QR or is the Math DAT Destroyer necessary?

I have a new 2011 Math DAT destroyer. messaage me if you are interested. :D it's neww

DAT Destroyer is great for all the sections (except math) and that is why they now have the Math destroyer which is excellent.

Take a look at the polls that are in my signature (some don't have very many votes, but i made polls on the individual section due to several requests about 2 or 3 months ago.)

DAT Destroyer is great for all the sections (except math) and that is why they now have the Math destroyer which is excellent.

Take a look at the polls that are in my signature (some don't have very many votes, but i made polls on the individual section due to several requests about 2 or 3 months ago.)
Thanks, man. That was actually pretty darn helpful. I decided on DAT destroyer and MATH destroyer for the QR and some extra science problems to work.