Looking for advice

Started by Mo991
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mo991

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello;
I'm currently an R2 radiology resident; I've been reading alot about the AI and how it may have a huge impact on the field.

What do you think the future would be? And is it worth to continue my residency or should i switch to an other field?
 
I think AI will be supplementary to the field and those who learn to work with it sooner may have an advantage. AI tends not make the types mistakes humans make, and humans tend not to make the types of mistakes AI makes. I see a beautiful marriage brewing rather than a war. If you love radiology, stick with it.
 
The competitiveness comes in waves just behind the job market. Give it 5 years and it will be less competitive again. Give it 10, and it might look quite similar.