looking for advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

delite310

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone, first off congratulations to all of you for getting into pharm school and hanging in there in pharm school!

here is my problem:

i was accepted to Touro University, a non accredited 4 yr program in Northern California and i am wait listed for UOP, an accredited 3 year accelerated program also in N. CA. I most likely won't find out about UOP until late July and orientation begins for Touro during the first week of August.

if i got accepted into UOP, im trying to decide whether i would actually pick UOP over Touro. Although Touro is not accredited yet, it has a lot of potential. It is the only school in the nation that has a 2+2 prgm.

I would like to ask all of you your opinions on a 3 yr accelerated prgm vs 4 yr pgrm. I'm concerned that I won't be able to handle the 3 yr prgm.

thanks and best wishes to all of u!

Members don't see this ad.

delite310 said:
hi everyone, first off congratulations to all of you for getting into pharm school and hanging in there in pharm school!

here is my problem:

i was accepted to Touro University, a non accredited 4 yr program in Northern California and i am wait listed for UOP, an accredited 3 year accelerated program also in N. CA. I most likely won't find out about UOP until late July and orientation begins for Touro during the first week of August.

if i got accepted into UOP, im trying to decide whether i would actually pick UOP over Touro. Although Touro is not accredited yet, it has a lot of potential. It is the only school in the nation that has a 2+2 prgm.

I would like to ask all of you your opinions on a 3 yr accelerated prgm vs 4 yr pgrm. I'm concerned that I won't be able to handle the 3 yr prgm.

thanks and best wishes to all of u!

If you think you can't handle the 3 year program and you believe Touro has a lot of advantages over UOP, why do you hesitate going to Touro? Touro is an established school with various programs so it will get accredited without too much problems.

Good luck~

Members don't see this ad :)
bananaface said:
Moving to pre-pharmacy as this is a school choice question. :)

i posted it here so that i can get an opinion from students who are ALREADY in pharmacy school. ie: who are in 3 year programs and in 4 year programs

Can you post your stats

cumulitave GPA
Math science GPA
degree
activites

Than you