Looking for an Apartment in Dublin (close to UCD)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mgermans

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where is the safest place to live that is also reasonably affordable, while being close to UCD? As well, how does one go about securing an apartment (the deposit and payment process... documents required, etc)? Plus, are their specific districts with direct bus routes to UCD?

Any info would be of value.

Cheers.

Members don't see this ad.

Where is the safest place to live that is also reasonably affordable, while being close to UCD? As well, how does one go about securing an apartment (the deposit and payment process... documents required, etc)? Plus, are their specific districts with direct bus routes to UCD?

Any info would be of value.

Cheers.

Hey,

Im from Dublin so I can probably help. You're probably sorted by now, but for future reference or anyone else that wants to find out here's the link for accommodation close to college:

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/ - if you want to rent on your own
http://www.daft.ie/sharing/ - if you want to house share

Then do a college search with your college of choice and it will narrow it down for you.

Unless the place is amazing don't dream of paying more than €500 for a room, and I wouldn't go more than €800 for a one bedroom apartment on your own.

Usually they require a reference of some sort, a months rent as deposit and then the first months rent. Hope this helps.

Hey. I am currently looking to rent a room in my 2br/2ba luxury apartment close to UCD. I am a vet student at UCD and have been living at this apartment for 2 years already. It's about a 30 minute walk to the UCD campus for a 12 minute bike ride. It's on the main bus lines to city center and the airport. No bus directly to school but the walk/ride isn't bad at all. The room will be available from August 1st and the lease will end at the end June (don't have to pay summer rent). Rent is 700 plus utilities. Just a thought for you... feel free to email me at [email protected] if you are interested or have more questions.