looking for apartments DS1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering how early do people start looking for apartments before the dental school starts. About how early do apartments let you book one (months). Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I know in my class, most people moved in 1-2 weeks before school started. I moved a month before school started, but I was already in San Antonio, so I was just re-locating closer to the medical center. Depending on where you are going to school, I would plan on moving about 2 weeks before school, but already have your apartment and lease signed and ready to go. Don't wait to look for an apartment 2 weeks before school starts. Moving 2 weeks before school starts will give you time to get cable and internet hooked up, call the electricity company to get the bill in your name, etc... and plus, you don't want to be all stressed out right before classes start. This will give you some downtime.

The apartment complex I went with allows only a 1 month booking of an apartment in advance if there is a wait list. I can't imagine apartments would do any longer than that, because if there are other people on a list ready to move in, they will do that, otherwise they are losing money.

i'll be moving to San Antonio too...ya i am sure that most apartments don't allow booking more than a month in advance but i thought it might be a little different for apartments around the medical center since there is this certainty that the student is definitely going to move...but oh well..

I didn't think of that... there might be. I don't live in the Medical Center. You could call a couple of apartment complexes in the medical center to find out... Broadstone on Medical Apartments, Medical Center Apartments, Vintage Apartments, and San Antonio Station are all in the medical center.