Looking for dermatology research advice

Started by Murrayx2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Murrayx2

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone

I am a Canadian M2 interested in doing dermatology research. I am having trouble making contact with researchers in this field, as my school is not affiliated with a dermatology program and priority usually goes to those in a school with an affiliated derm program.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about what my next steps should be? I have contacted program directors, dermatologists who do research, etc. with no luck. Should I start looking into research in other related fields (derm path, infectious disease)?

Your time is much appreciated.

Murray
 
derm overlaps with many fields.
easy = do derm path research at your school
less easy = do rheum or wound care research that has a derm issue as its focus
hard = try to get a derm program to do research with you long-distance