Looking for general information on matching...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shadowstar

Introvert
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am a premed student and I am curious about this matching ordeal. I seem to see it everywhere on these forums and other forums. A few weeks ago, the home page of SDN was centered around wishing luck to those MD's who are currently trying to "match". Since I'm not even in med school (hopefully soon) I don't know what this "matching" means. But I could speculate that it has something to do with applying for a residency post graduation. But thats about all I know. However, I would love to understand more about it...specifically how its done, whether gpa is involved, and how important the USMLE is compared to gpa for MD's who are trying to match. I'd love to know as much about it as possible...nowadays as a student you just have to be extremely knowledg-able to be competitive. To anyone who can fill me in, I appreciate the effort.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, the Match is the process of getting a residency spot. I suggest you read "First Aid: The Match" to learn all about it.