Looking for Guidance

Started by kickyou77
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kickyou77

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I'm a post-bacc student(enhancement track) at WashU, currently finishing up with my first year in the program. I wanted a little bit of advice on where to aim in terms of med schools as I am having a bit of trouble deciphering where I stand in relation to others in terms of stats/ECs/etc.

My undergraduate GPA was a 3.4(3.2 science) and am currently on track to finish with a 3.8+ GPA(all science) from the post-bacc program and have worked in a lab(non-clinical) for the year.

I have a lot of clinical and volunteering experience from undergrad, however, I have not gotten much during this first year in the post bacc. I plan on working at a Patient Care Tech this upcoming year, before I apply. Provided I can get a 515+ on the MCAT, what are some schools that I would be a good fit for?
 

Based off your WARS score, I'd suggest applying to category 4, 5, and 6 schools. Obviously, where you apply to depends on more than a number, but it's a good place to start.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors