Looking for help with developing a school list as I prepare to reapply.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KrazedKraken

Reaction score
General Stats:
GPA: 3.9
sGPA: 3.9+
MCAT: 512 (127/126/129/130)

ECs:
Hospice volunteering: 350+ hours
Nursing Technician (CNA): 1000+ hours (full time for 7 months)
Shadowing: Neurologist, Anesthesiologist, Palliative care physician

Okay, so here goes. I could really use some help developing a school list for the upcoming cycle. I applied last cycle but did not have my application submitted until September as I was struggling to find letters of recommendation. On top of submitting late I only applied to four schools which I now know is insanely inadequate. I am from Tennessee so naturally I applied to UT Memphis and Quillen along with two other out of state schools one of which was a reach. I received interviews at both UT and Quillen but was rejected at both without being waitlisted. My interviews both went fine and I was complimented on my personal statement several times. My rejection letter from UT stated that I should gain more hands on patient care experience. This was likely because my CNA experience was not listed on my application as I had only started that job after I submitted my application. Naturally I made sure to inform my interviewers that I was working to strengthen my clinical experience but it didn't seem to get across. Regardless, I am in the midst of reapplying and am having some trouble developing a list of schools to apply to. Any help to increase my likelihood of matriculating in 2021 would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
U Tennessee
East Tennessee
Tulane
TCU-UNT
Creighton
St. Louis
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Georgetown
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest these schools with your stats:
U Tennessee
East Tennessee
Tulane
TCU-UNT
Creighton
St. Louis
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Georgetown
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Thanks for the reply. I just subscribed to MSAR so I'll start looking at the schools you suggested. Again, thanks so much for the help.