China and Eastern Asia looking for hotel near philippine med schools

Started by jskim
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jskim

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i decided to go to philippines from october 11 to october 16 to see med schools there.
it's the first time for me, i'm looking for hotel information. i'm going there for my honeymoon but still cannot find hotel near UERM or other schools..

anyone who can help me with this?
 
There is a SOGO hotel almost directly across from UERM (near the shopping mall). Normally, its a hotel used by lovers because of its discretion and sexy decor. However, I find it the best bang for the buck in terms of comfort and proximity.
 
its a hotel used by lovers because of its discretion and sexy decor. However, I find it the best bang for the buck QUOTE]

Tongue in cheek? LoB, we never suspected you had it in you. You always claimed you were studying.
 
its a hotel used by lovers because of its discretion and sexy decor. However, I find it the best bang for the buck QUOTE]

Tongue in cheek? LoB, we never suspected you had it in you. You always claimed you were studying.

Leave my tongue alone, bro! I must have been the only one there staying WITHOUT guests. Like I said, SOGO is clean and very well air conditioned. Until I discovered it, I had to stay in a "family-oriented" hotel paying twice as much with airconditioning that made more noise than cooling, a gekko on the wall, and a full day's charges for staying an extra 3 hours past checkout.

I won't feign innocence - I've had my fun during breaks. But at the time of my interviews, the only thing on my mind was school, and SOGO met my needs. Just don't turn on the TV, might make you forget about studying hahahaa.

As far as fun is concerned, becoming a hermit is not the ticket to success. What IS the ticket to success is being clear and honest with yourself regarding your priorities. Many of my classmates who didn't pass first year studied very hard, but at key moments when SCHOOL conflicted with LIFE, chose LIFE. If you're firm in your dedication to schoolwork at these key junctions, then grabbing an opportunity for entertainment, dating, or even drinking with friends will make you more relaxed and capable of handling the stress of medical school. This is my opinion of course. It works for me. Others may disagree with my assessment.