May 29, 2013
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hey guys!
So here's the deal: I'm a PP1, just wrapped up my first semester. I'm really looking for a pharmacy tech job and so far without success.
See, the problem is that I go to UConn but I live in NJ--so I want my pharmacy tech job to be in NJ for the summer, so that I can show pharmacy schools that I have experience from all summer.
Every NJ CVS just rejected or just didn't answer my application, literally just applied to 13 different cvs's in NJ! Got one interview, and in the interview she even said that she loved my resume (No exp. in pharmacy, but almost 3 years in my hospital as a volunteer and job at Jimmy John's for a couple summers) but couldn't hire me BECAUSE I go to school out of state :(

I'm so stuck. I don't know what to do. It seems that this seems to be a problem I'm not going to be able to fix.
What should I do? Should I just say I go to a community college on my resume or something? Like I'm so stressed out about this because I really, really want this job and I don't know what else to do.

I'm thinking of applying to the walgreens and shop rite pharmacy tech positions but I still want to better my chances. I don't know when I should start applying again if I want it for this May. Please let me know, thank you so much!!