looking for research opportunities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Drpree85

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello,

I am new to this forum. I am a medical student graduated from India and currently preparing for residency match. I have US clinical experience through paid clinical rotations and have finished USMLE step 1 & 2. I am currently looking for some clinical research studies where I can volunteer and get involved to strengthen my Cv. I live in San Jose, Ca and have dependent visa so can not accept paid jobs. Please someone help me find in this process. I tried to mail many researchers and none replied :(
Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Try some pretentious rural hospital systems. Many have underfunded little research institutes in need of analysts or actual researchers. Look up Scott and White, Carilion, and search "research" in jobs. Of course, the NIH grantees are the biggest spenders, but I believe they have their hands full with research assistants from around the world that they sponsor. Google "NIH grantees" or NCI, NHLBI, etc from the NIH family of websites.

Just apply as normal and say you're willing to work for free on the cover letter.

I know the institute in Temple nearby (Scott and White) is always advertising, but pays so little it's not worth it.

I have also met quite a few Indian docs who working in the simulation labs or IT or nursing or PA schools. You can also attach yourself to a hospital system that is trying offering informatics or semi-clinical degrees. Once in the system, there are grants, etc. Lubbock, Houston, Dallas and Fort Worth are all trying to grow their medical teaching facilities.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for all the information. I will start my search based on this. Hope for the best :)