Looking for school suggestions...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jderig

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a former lurker of this forum that finally got his MCATs back, and I figured that you all were the experts to ask for a few suggestions for schools to apply to.

I got a 34Q (12P, 12L, 10B) and I have about a 3.8 for both my total and science GPA's. I feel that I have a decent selection of activities covering volunteering, research, shadowing, and leadership, and I hope that my personal statement will be competitive. My major worry is that I'm from Idaho, which means that I don't have a state school for a fallback, and I was wondering if any of you had any ideas for decent fallback schools on the East Coast where my stats would give me a high chance of at least making the interview.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I've got about 5 months of research but I am still involved in the project and it will continue through my senior year. Whoops, I guess I wasn't clear enough in my thought process, really any geographic area will do.

Members don't see this ad :)
With a 34/3.8 and minimal research experience, but with otherwise reasonable ECs, you might consider researching these schools (which have a decent OOS acceptance rate) for "fit" with your goals:

Mt. Sinai, Dartmouth, NYU, Ohio State,
UCF, USCal, Boston, Tufts, SLU, Einstein, Rochester,
Colorado, UConn, Georgetown, Miami, Iowa, Maryland, UMinn, Stony Brook, Cincinnati, Penn State,
Loma Linda, Loyola, RFU, UKentucky, Creighton, Albany, SUNY Downstate, Hofstra (new), Jefferson, MCW,
UIllinois, Wayne, Buffalo, Toledo, Drexel, Temple, Vermont, VCU, Virginia Tech Carilion (new),