looking into the future

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jigga5

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is mainly for canadians as they probably have experience. Neways I am doing my undergrad in the US. I was looking ahead and I plan on going to dental school and hopefully specialize in ortho or oral surgery. Now all of you know this is going to cost ALOT especially for an international student. I was wondering if you Canadians know the best way to finance an education down south? Do banks have dental school programs? Is Canhelp a good option? If any canadians have experience please post your help. Any my parents are not that wealthy so that also puts me at a disadvantage. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

well its not a disadvantage... i meant to say its not an advantage because they wont be able to fund me education. neways i need some more help please

i don't really think there is any more help you need than what DDSNavy reccomended. Student loans are what probably 99% of dental students do. It is the most profitable loan you will ever take out. If you can afford to pay dental school flat out chances are you don't have to go to dental school. Good luck through everything!

Members don't see this ad :)
i don't really think there is any more help you need than what DDSNavy reccomended. Student loans are what probably 99% of dental students do. It is the most profitable loan you will ever take out. If you can afford to pay dental school flat out chances are you don't have to go to dental school. Good luck through everything!

who says people who can afford to pay for dental school out of pocket don't want to be a dentist?

a lot of people go into dentistry for reasons other than money. in fact, as a dentist you will never be "wealthy." well off, yes, but not wealthy like a successful businessman or law firm partner.

What other student loans are there for Canadians? Apart from CanHelp and RBC LOC's??

What other student loans are there for Canadians? Apart from CanHelp and RBC LOC's??

yea I was wondering the same thing? I read some canadians who were going to medical school say that there are certain loans specifically for med students that banks provide. Like RBC 150 or something. Do banks provide this for dental students also??

my comment was only like 1/4 serious