Looking to start DAT study group in Boston/RI area.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jec1988

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I feel liking studying in groups can help make the DAT seem less painful. I don't have a set date I want to take the DAT but I was thinking next spring like May/June.

-J

Members don't see this ad.

what I found helpful was to find a text buddy to send random questions every so often to each other.
This way, you can cover lots of random stuff that might otherwise be easy to forget.
i.e. What can disrupt the integral membrane protein? 1) detergent 2) Salt ? Anyone? LOL

Studying together, I am not so sure what the benefit would be other than having someone with you for moral support.....
DAT = Read the hell out of the review materials, do lots of practice problems. Neither really leaves too much room for group work, and this is just my opinion.

what I found helpful was to find a text buddy to send random questions every so often to each other.
This way, you can cover lots of random stuff that might otherwise be easy to forget.
i.e. What can disrupt the integral membrane protein? 1) detergent 2) Salt ? Anyone? LOL

Studying together, I am not so sure what the benefit would be other than having someone with you for moral support.....
DAT = Read the hell out of the review materials, do lots of practice problems. Neither really leaves too much room for group work, and this is just my opinion.
Dam it now I want the answer! I'm guessing salt?

Members don't see this ad :)

Grrrrr, i need answer too... detergent?

This is good review for my test lol...

Detergent disrupts the integral membrane proteins
Changes in salt concentrations or pH disrupt the outer peripheral proteins
Reduction disrupts the disulfide bonds between proteins
Denaturation causes loss of secondary, tertiary, and quaternary structures of the protein
Digestion (Hydrolysis) causes loss of the primary structure of the protein

This is good review for my test lol...

Detergent disrupts the integral membrane proteins
Changes in salt concentrations or pH disrupt the outer peripheral proteins
Reduction disrupts the disulfide bonds between proteins
Denaturation causes loss of secondary, tertiary, and quaternary structures of the protein
Digestion (Hydrolysis) causes loss of the primary structure of the protein

word!

Reactions: 1 user
maybe we should make a thread titled

"bizzarre and random questions of the day"

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,

I feel liking studying in groups can help make the DAT seem less painful. I don't have a set date I want to take the DAT but I was thinking next spring like May/June.

-J

I'd be up for an online set-up with questions.

Last edited: