General Admissions & OTCAS Loop hole

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cwilly1226

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you retake a class at a different college for example Biology, can you just use the school you got a better grade in for your pre-req gpa? Its a totally different school with a different approach, so it not actually as if you're retaking the class. I am just curious because the OTCAS next cycle is coming up and I do not know if I should check off if I retook certain courses or not. Also how it would play into your Pre-req gpa.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you retake a class at a different college for example Biology, can you just use the school you got a better grade in for your pre-req gpa? Its a totally different school with a different approach, so it not actually as if you're retaking the class. I am just curious because the OTCAS next cycle is coming up and I do not know if I should check off if I retook certain courses or not. Also how it would play into your Pre-req gpa.

Thanks!
You have to enter each academic institution you have ever taken courses in. You also need to enter each class based on semester.
Once you have entered your institutions and courses, you are able to choose which course you want to use to meet the pre-req. You basically have a lot of control over which courses are used for your pre-req GPA. Some school do specify under their prereq section that they want you to include EVERY course that meets the requirement. The only reason you won't need to put both schools is if one has expired or is close to expiring.

I am actually working on a blog now to assist people with questions about the OCTAS website, since it is on a new platform, and with any other questions that they may have. Check it out here :)

Last edited: