LOR addressed to....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ziggy1104

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, silly question:

a professor is writing me a LOR and asked who he should address the letter to. Good question...i have no idea lol. Anyone know?

Also, as far as I know, I just put his e-mail into AADSAS when I apply, AADSAS sends him a link, and he uploads it directly through that, right? This seems to be easier then interfolio, anyone have a good argument as to why interfolio may be more useful?

Thanks!

Edit: I just told him to address it "Dear Members of the Admissions Committee". I would still like to hear opinions on the whole LOR submission thing though!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes, that is correct, it is a fairly simple process on your part through AADSAS.

Interfolio is useful if you can get your letters ahead of time or need to get them early for some reason or if you plan on applying for multiple programs/cycles/etc and need to submit letters more than once since they are saved for future use. It also prepares you to submit them as soon as the application opens (minus processing time) if you 100% want to be 1st batch or something like that. Other than that, if you can get all your professors to write/submit them on time then yeah, there really isn't a point to using it in addition to the cost of the subscription.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
"Dear admissions committee", plain and simple.

Reactions: 1 user