LOR after secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caereax

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the suggested policy on assigning/mailing new LORs through AMCAS after submitting the secondary to a school?

Members don't see this ad.

What is the suggested policy on assigning/mailing new LORs through AMCAS after submitting the secondary to a school?

Same as how you assigned LORs before?

Send the letter in via mail or Interfolio and then assign it to the school.

Sure, I get the process is the same. But I had always thought once you submit your secondary your application was sort of sealed until review. You're saying that as long as it gets there before you're reviewed, it can be added w/o problem?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sure, I get the process is the same. But I had always thought once you submit your secondary your application was sort of sealed until review. You're saying that as long as it gets there before you're reviewed, it can be added w/o problem?

Pretty sure it's school dependent. Some accept updates others don't unless you are selected for an interview.

I have a question about the whole application process. Lets say you submitted your primary w/o LOR assigned. During the verification process, can you still get secondaries and submit the secondaries before LOR and verification?

I have a question about the whole application process. Lets say you submitted your primary w/o LOR assigned. During the verification process, can you still get secondaries and submit the secondaries before LOR and verification?

If you're talking about primary verification, you can get secondaries w/o being verified though it isn't common. You can submit the secondaries but they aren't considered complete, hence not reviewed, until you send LORs.

If you're talking about primary verification, you can get secondaries w/o being verified though it isn't common. You can submit the secondaries but they aren't considered complete, hence not reviewed, until you send LORs.

If I haven't delivered or assigned the letters I have yet, and I still haven't been verified, should I wait until I'm verified to do that or should I just go ahead and do that while waiting to be verified?

Same question for adding schools. I want to add 1-2 schools but not sure if I should just wait until I am verified.

Also, I'm waiting on a few recs, even though I already have a couple. You're saying that, with some schools but not all, they'll be willing to add on a recommendation after secondary submisstion?

whew thats a relief to hear some schools be willing to add after the fact. these writers are taking a while for me