LOR and AMCAS???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imsotired

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am currently applying this year and I have a question. I am mostly applying to schools that use TMDSAS (Texas schools for those of you who aren't familiar) and so most of the people in Texas. My advisor only talks about TMDSAS and rarely about AMCAS, plus I don't have the time to wait over an hour to ask her one question. What materials do you have to send to AMCAS besides your fees and transcripts? Do you send the LORs to each school when they ask for it or when the application is complete? I tried searching everywhere on the AMCAS website but I can't find anything. Thanks and good luck everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

imsotired said:
Hey everyone. I am currently applying this year and I have a question. I am mostly applying to schools that use TMDSAS (Texas schools for those of you who aren't familiar) and so most of the people in Texas. My advisor only talks about TMDSAS and rarely about AMCAS, plus I don't have the time to wait over an hour to ask her one question. What materials do you have to send to AMCAS besides your fees and transcripts? Do you send the LORs to each school when they ask for it or when the application is complete? I tried searching everywhere on the AMCAS website but I can't find anything. Thanks and good luck everyone!!

Just do it the same as TMDSAS.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm doing both TMDSAS and AMCAS. TMDSAS is a little different than AMCAS. As you know, you pretty much send all your stuff to TMDSAS and they make sure it finds its way to each school that you are applying to.

Well, AMCAS kinds of half-asses it and only sends the schools the primary app...these schools will then decide whether or not you are worthy to recieve a secondary. After you complete the secondary you will have to return it, with an app fee, and your LORs (and sometimes a picture)...you're application will not be complete until they receive all of these things. so it may be best to send the LORS once you get the secondary, then finish the secondary in 2 weeks and send it off.

BaylorGuy said:
I'm doing both TMDSAS and AMCAS. TMDSAS is a little different than AMCAS. As you know, you pretty much send all your stuff to TMDSAS and they make sure it finds its way to each school that you are applying to.

Well, AMCAS kinds of half-asses it and only sends the schools the primary app...these schools will then decide whether or not you are worthy to recieve a secondary. After you complete the secondary you will have to return it, with an app fee, and your LORs (and sometimes a picture)...you're application will not be complete until they receive all of these things. so it may be best to send the LORS once you get the secondary, then finish the secondary in 2 weeks and send it off.

Thanks for the info!!! Good luck!!