LOR and EC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ANaik

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently enrolled as a junior in community college. I will have my pre-reqs for Pre-Pharmacy completed in the Spring 2012. I am also taking the PCAT this september. I have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 and I have experience working as a pharmacy techinican as well. What extra-curriculars should help me out when applying? Who is the best candidate for writing a LOR?

Members don't see this ad.

Extracurriculars... literally anything you are passionate about and can be deeply involved in (e.g., officer) so that you gain valuable experience and perspectives.

LOR writers... only you would know who could elaborately write about you to not only reaffirm the positive qualities apparent from your part of the application but to extend it with unique insight to hopefully demonstrate your fit as a student, person, and/or pharmacist.

Extracurriculars... literally anything you are passionate about and can be deeply involved in (e.g., officer) so that you gain valuable experience and perspectives.

LOR writers... only you would know who could elaborately write about you to not only reaffirm the positive qualities apparent from your part of the application but to extend it with unique insight to hopefully demonstrate your fit as a student, person, and/or pharmacist.

:thumbup: Spot on!

The only thing I want to add is for the LOR:

Since you have pharmacy experience, ask your pharmacist to write you one and then try to get two more from science professors if possible. Anyone that knows about your work ethic and performance is the key. Also make sure to have your resume ready in case your professor wants it. Good luck!