LOR and reapp ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DiverDoc

KCUMB 2012
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I have to re apply, then will I have to send in new LORs? Or will they still be able to pull them from AACOMAS?

Members don't see this ad.

i'm not sure how AACOMAS works (whether you send your LORs there), but with AMCAS, since you send your LORs directly to the school, it depends on the school. some like rfums require one new letter but can use all your old letters. there are others out there that allow you to just use your old letters if you'd like.

If I have to re apply, then will I have to send in new LORs? Or will they still be able to pull them from AACOMAS?

with both aacomas and amcas..you do not send your lor's there..u send lor's to individual schools. Different schools have different policies with lor's for re-applicants. Some schools require to submit entirely new lor's, some may require only one new lor, and then some let you use the same lor's as last year b/c they kept them on file. I'd say for the most part, you will have to re-submit lor's..whether you need add a new lor is up to individual schools. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
you need to re-send the LOR's. also i would advise you to not use all the same letters. atleast add one new LOR if not more.

with both aacomas and amcas..you do not send your lor's there..u send lor's to individual schools. Different schools have different policies with lor's for re-applicants. Some schools require to submit entirely new lor's, some may require only one new lor, and then some let you use the same lor's as last year b/c they kept them on file. I'd say for the most part, you will have to re-submit lor's..whether you need add a new lor is up to individual schools. :)
:thumbup: With services like Interfolio, you can resend your letters. However, upon reapplication, many schools require you send at least one additional LOR. I know of some schools that keep your file though and all you have to do is send the new LOR(s). Do research on the school.