LoR are being delayed.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bjs0012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i have all of my secondaries in but my advisor is writing me a committe letter and she is taking forever. i asked her when she thought she would have them sent and she said by the end of august. how much will this hurt me with interview invites? is it worth me bribing her in some way with a gift card or do i just need to cool my jets bc it wont make a big difference? TIA

Members don't see this ad.

You're not the only one in this position; I'm sure a lot of people at your school are in similar situations. Try not to pester her too much; it really wouldn't help. Imagine how she'd feel if every premed applying this cycle does that... And do not bribe her; that won't reflect well either. The best you can do is just be patient; poke your head in her office every now and then and make sure she knows you still exist. If everyone in your school is late, it probably won't make too much of a difference. I'd imagine med schools know which undergrads are typically late and will account for that.