1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

LoR deadline

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by sl2obel2ts, May 8, 2008.

1. sl2obel2ts

sl2obel2ts i like tomatoes

Dentist
    I am finally getting my US citizenship, ceremony on 20th of May, so I will apply to dental school on 5/21. I am taking DAT on 6/30. The problem is... I do not have enough letters... I have following letters in my letter service, 1 dentist, 1 science, 2 research and 1 humanities. I still lack 1 science letter. I have asked my science prof january 2008, but he still has not sent it in. I had my GSI draft it and he even told me that he gave it to my prof, but still nothing for 3 weeks. I think right now is totally inappropriate time to ask my prof to send the letter because he is busy with writing final exams and grading (he lectures 700 students). I gave him a deadline of may 15th, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

so, what I wanna know is when the latest time would be to send the letter to aadsas (I am sending it to letter service then forwarding it to aadsas just in case I don't get in this cycle). How long does it take AADSAS to process the letter of rec received by mail?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jigabodo

Dentist

Dentist
    Well, you can try bypassing AADSAS and send additional copies of those LOR straight to schools.

It should work about 80% of the times, since most schools don't require them to be sent through AADSAS. It should speed up the whole process by 2-3 weeks or so.

4. Bruinlove

Pre-Dental
    I guess you are from UCB.
    I feel you because I was in a same situation until this morning. I would just ask him politely. I believe he would just change the draft a little and sign it. So it shouldn't take that long.