LOR dilemma! Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RSXer

:) UoMBCDSCo07 :)
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, chalk this one up to stupidity on my part. Here's the short version:

-One prof of mine wrote a general LOR as well as individualized LOR's for 10 of my top choice schools. The individualized letters are basically the general letter along with a paragraph about why I love that specific school.

-The pre-health office at my school holds all of them now in addition to 3 other LOR's as well as a Committee Letter. They have been there since February.

-Last week, I requested the pre-health office to send my LOR's and Committee Letter to all dental schools I'm applying to. They were all sent earlier this week.

-Here's the problem that I just realized. I didn't specify the pre-health office at my school to send the INDIVIDUALIZED letter to the schools. Instead they just sent the GENERAL letter (along with all the other LOR's)!!

-What to do? Should I send the INDIVIDUALIZED letters as well? Should I just screw it and live with the general letter? Should I contact individual schools? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I dunno. What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

I would contact your premed office first to find out EXACTLY what they sent to each schools....if they did in fact send individualized ones out to all of the schools, maybe you could send them yourself to the schools and somehow ask that they see those instead...hopefully that didnt happen otherwise it seems like it could be a little sticky...maybe your prehealth advisor could give you some advice...im sure you're not the only one who has ever done this...sorry cant be of more help but good luck to you! :)

thanx vixen for the help. I'm gona contact my pre-health office this afternoon (they're only open from like 11-2!) and see exactlty what letters they sent. I would be AMAZED if they actually figured this out for themselves and sent the individualized letters to the appropriate schools on their own accord. Time for some last minute praying to the dental gods before I call in 20 min.

RSXer,

I'm sitting here getting my LOR's sent to Columbia and NOVA and wanted to let you know that the LOR business is very serious. At our school they keep the LOR's in a bullet proof vault like in a bank. They will make sure everything matches before they send out the LOR's, I hope it is the case for your school as well.

Good luck,

DesiDentist