LOR dilemma..HELP!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lyjw88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so my dentist sent his LOR a while ago directly to my school for a COM Letter. But the mail got lost during the shipment and I had no luck finding it, so I asked him to re-send it and he said NO.
So here's the deal.
Should I re-visit him and ask him again? on my knees...?
Or I have another dentist that I shadowed but he is NOT located in the U.S.
The latter one knows me better and I shadowed him for 200 hours as opposed to 42 hours with the former one.
My COM Letter will be delayed for 1-2 weeks if I go with the second option but I'm 100% sure he will write me a better LOR but the downside is that he is not an U.S. dentist...
What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

sorry to hear that... the first dentist is a xxxxx (fill in the blank if u will) ... but i still think it's better to get a letter from an American dentist... and international LOR should be a nice addition at best
so... buy him cookies or whatever

I say go with the international dentist since he knows you better. Offer to pay to have that shizz sent express mail. Why waste time with a mean dentist who isn't accommodating?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a week left for the DAT and this issue stresses me out even more...

Why would he say no? That's ridiculous. He let you hang around for 40+ hours so he can't hate you. Just don't make him mad or he may add a few kind words before sending it again.