LOR Drama!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

megswinter82

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm having some problems with my LORs. I just called my schools and they have all my letter's except for the one from my DO! :scared: The thing is I gave her all the necessary info about a month ago. Should I remind her again??? If so how without seeming like a pest. The other thing is that I don't really know this DO, I've only shadowed her a few times, and we have talked but she doesn't seem like she's "retains" a lot from my visits. My primary care physician (an MD) on the other hand has written great recs for my MD applications, should I just have her submit LORs for the DO schools too? Any advice would be great and ASAP b/c I go into my Dr's office tomorrow and I could talk to the DO then!!

Members don't see this ad.

megswinter82 said:
Hey guys, I'm having some problems with my LORs. I just called my schools and they have all my letter's except for the one from my DO! :scared: The thing is I gave her all the necessary info about a month ago. Should I remind her again??? If so how without seeming like a pest. The other thing is that I don't really know this DO, I've only shadowed her a few times, and we have talked but she doesn't seem like she's "retains" a lot from my visits. My primary care physician (an MD) on the other hand has written great recs for my MD applications, should I just have her submit LORs for the DO schools too? Any advice would be great and ASAP b/c I go into my Dr's office tomorrow and I could talk to the DO then!!

Of course you need to call and remind her or stop by the office. Some schools require a D.O. letter, so get it taken care of.

i agree! def don't be paranoid about seeming like a "pest" because it's your future and you may regret not reminding your DO later on. some DO schools, even if they don't require a letter would probably be influenced if you have a LOR from a DO showing you are serious about this. good luck!