LOR during third year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surprisedgirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished a month at a hospital (not my school's) and I wanted a LOR from the attending that I worked with. Do you think I should ask now instead of at the end of the school year? I'm not suer when we are supposed to do this. Also, the hospital I was at is a community hospital, but he was at one point affiliated with a reputable hospital in the East Coast......is it bad to get LOR's from attendings at community hospitals? I'm not sure how all this works!

Members don't see this ad.

I just finished a month at a hospital (not my school's) and I wanted a LOR from the attending that I worked with. Do you think I should ask now instead of at the end of the school year? I'm not suer when we are supposed to do this. Also, the hospital I was at is a community hospital, but he was at one point affiliated with a reputable hospital in the East Coast......is it bad to get LOR's from attendings at community hospitals? I'm not sure how all this works!

Ask now, have them write it now...decide if you'll send it later. No worries! :thumbup: