LOR for NSU and PCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gemshell

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was wondering for NSU if we have to use their form for the LOR's, or can our references write their own letters on their own letterheads? I remember seeing somewhere that either option is acceptable, but I'm not sure.
Also, for PCOM, if we don't have a pre-med committee at our university, can a prof substitute for an "academic advisor?". Because I don't really have an academic advisor, nor does the Dean of my school know who I am!!!
Thanks a lot, and good luck with your applications.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm wondering the same thing! Can we substitute a science professor instead? Thank you!

Where Can You Get Their Alternative Form????(for Nsu) I Don't See It In Their Site.

Members don't see this ad :)
What university do you go to, just curious??

I called NSU and they said that science letters will substitute. The eval forms are just for the convenience of the evaluator.
As for PCOM, I am not sure, but I will call tomorrow.

For PCOM it says a letter from a premedical advisor. Does this mean my premedical advisor or any premedical advisor? I'm sure each school has more than one premedical advisor. I'm getting a letter from a science professor that is a premedical advisor but not mine.

patho said:
I called NSU and they said that science letters will substitute. The eval forms are just for the convenience of the evaluator.
As for PCOM, I am not sure, but I will call tomorrow.

Great! Thank you. I emailed them today but have not received a response yet. I will update you guys as soon as I get them.

Hey, at the bottom of PCOM secondary it says "received date" are we suppose to fill that in or the school? What's the purpose of that? Is it to compare how much of a slacker we are? :)

Thanks everyone for all of your help.

I think the date on the bottom of PCOM's secondary is for THEM to fill out, not us.

I'm Canadian, so I actually go to a Canadian university in Toronto (York University), and things are a little bit different here when it comes to advisors!!! :)

spongiebob said:
Where Can You Get Their Alternative Form????(for Nsu) I Don't See It In Their Site.

On the COM application infomation site, where it lists all the links to PDF documents: Admission Requirements, Application Procedures, etc., there is a link to evaluation forms. Also, the COM Applicant Checklist (right above it) does state that the forms or letters can be used. I knew I saw it somewhere!

I called PCOM and they said they MUST have either a letter from the premedical committee, a letter from an advisor or a letter from the Dean of your college. You can send your other letters(science, DOs, characters) and they will evaluate the whole package, but they must have one of those three options. :eek: