dorkwood

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2002
Atlanta
Visit site
Status
My ERAS junk should be done soon. by the end of the weekend no doubt...but what about LOR?

At the moment I have letters from my atttendings in psych, medicine, and pediatrics. I will have another from my family medicine preceptor also...but no PMR letters as of yet.

Is it important to have a letter from an attending I worked with while on my PMR elective? And should I also inlcude letters from docs in other areas of medicine (Ie a letter from a surgery attending...not written in crayon..)

I also had another thought--while most programs will accept 4 LORs, is it really necessary to send 4 to every program you apply to?

Geez, I'm full of questions tonight!

gwen

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 25, 2002
Visit site
Status
hey there, about LORs...i'm sure it will look nice if you have a LOR from a physiatrist but i don't think its 100% necessary. not everyone has the chance to do PMR right away in their senior year or gets to know a physiatrist well enough to get a letter asap. i'm a senior as well and don't have a letter from a PMR doc b/c i, as some of you may know, HATED the way my PMR attending practiced PMR. but i have letters from IM, FP and Surgery. it should work out just fine for you as well. good luck! try to get your apps in soon.

gwen

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 25, 2002
Visit site
Status
oh yeah, about the NUMBER of LORs...i did only 3 unless a school specifically asked for 4, which was just one school i think. no need to overwhelm them with our junk. but that's just my two cents as a senior.