LOR for PMR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dorkwood

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My ERAS junk should be done soon. by the end of the weekend no doubt...but what about LOR?

At the moment I have letters from my atttendings in psych, medicine, and pediatrics. I will have another from my family medicine preceptor also...but no PMR letters as of yet.

Is it important to have a letter from an attending I worked with while on my PMR elective? And should I also inlcude letters from docs in other areas of medicine (Ie a letter from a surgery attending...not written in crayon..)

I also had another thought--while most programs will accept 4 LORs, is it really necessary to send 4 to every program you apply to?

Geez, I'm full of questions tonight!

Members don't see this ad.

hey there, about LORs...i'm sure it will look nice if you have a LOR from a physiatrist but i don't think its 100% necessary. not everyone has the chance to do PMR right away in their senior year or gets to know a physiatrist well enough to get a letter asap. i'm a senior as well and don't have a letter from a PMR doc b/c i, as some of you may know, HATED the way my PMR attending practiced PMR. but i have letters from IM, FP and Surgery. it should work out just fine for you as well. good luck! try to get your apps in soon.

oh yeah, about the NUMBER of LORs...i did only 3 unless a school specifically asked for 4, which was just one school i think. no need to overwhelm them with our junk. but that's just my two cents as a senior.