LOR for re-applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

askadds

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so ADDSAS doesnt allow you to use the same letters of recommendation if your reapplying?

Members don't see this ad.

i read it a while back on here i believe. it didnt make much sense to me either..

Members don't see this ad :)
FAQ says:
Q: Can AADSAS use letters I've already submitted in a previous application cycle?

A: No. It is AADSAS policy that new letters of recommendation must be submitted with each application cycle.

the hell is up with that? this sucks.

you can use the same letters...you just have to REsend them in. AADSAS would be foolish to save all 12000 letters it received every year.

how are you able to resend them if the evaluator sends the letter directly to AADSAS?

No, ADDSAS will not resend your LOR. But you should ask your college, the committe letter is usually kept for a few years. Five years at my college.

so ADDSAS doesnt allow you to use the same letters of recommendation if your reapplying?

One of my LORs came from a prof who said he submitted the exact same letter two years in a row-he only changed the date on the top. He told me he was doing this before he sent them in to AADSAS. This played on my nerves but ultimately worked out for the best. As long as the LOR is strong, you should be in the clear. Of course, some schools keep files from prior years and presented me with stuff from both applications at the interview. This seems like it should be pretty rare, but it happened to me.