LOR from A humanities Professor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

v4runc00l

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I know some medical schools like UCI require LOR from a humanities professor. Will my professor who has taught me an instrument under ethnomusicology department count as a humanities LOR? Also, he is an Adjunct Assistant Professor, would it be advised to get this LOR? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

So I know some medical schools like UCI require LOR from a humanities professor. Will my professor who has taught me an instrument under ethnomusicology department count as a humanities LOR? Also, he is an Adjunct Assistant Professor, would it be advised to get this LOR? Thank you.

I am of the opinion that this would make for a great LOR (assuming the content is great as well).

Thanks a lot. Anybody else? Is a LOR for an adjunct professor "less" meaningful than a regular professor with a PhD?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks a lot. Anybody else? Is a LOR for an adjunct professor "less" meaningful than a regular professor with a PhD?

if your professor has a phd, itll be fine. i also think this letter of rec sounds like a good idea. he/she wont sign his letter Adjunct Prof X. they'll sign it So and SO, PhD.

If they dont have a Phd...consider another writer. but if you know this letter will rock, go for it. not everyone can have a letter from a world renowned researcher.

I see. And this will also be considered as a LOR in the humanities, correct?