LOR from academic advisor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hongs

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I asked my academic advisor for a LOR and he has submitted it to AACOMAS. however, it seems like that he introduced himself as a professor, not as an academic advisor. how do medical schools know whether the LOR is from my academic advisor if he did not mention it in LOR? do I need to contact schools and let them know?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All

I asked my academic advisor for a LOR and he has submitted it to AACOMAS. however, it seems like that he introduced himself as a professor, not as an academic advisor. how do medical schools know whether the LOR is from my academic advisor if he did not mention it in LOR? do I need to contact schools and let them know?

Is he a professor? (some advisors are) If he is then fine, if not then they'll figure it out.

If he's not I'd get a couple of professors to submit letters just to be safe. You waive your right to see what people submit so I wouldn't worry too much about it at this point, as schools won't hold it against you.

Some school secondaries ask for you to indicate who letters they want are from and you'd specify such there.

Reactions: 1 user
If you are using that as your one required letter it better state academic advisor or it will be a faculty letter or if it does not specify some sort of class you took it may not even meet that requirement. Some schools was very specific information.

Reactions: 1 user