LOR from boss?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

phonyreal98

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just started a full time job at a private company within the past 6 weeks or so. While my official title is "Research Assistant", I don't think I've really been very involved with the intellectual process thus far, and I'm not how sure that I will be. If this activity was listed on my AMCAS, (I submitted my AMCAS before starting this job), I would have listed it as "employment- non-military" rather than "research". Owing to the short duration of this experience, since I didn't start the job until after my AMCAS had been submitted and the fact that I don't think that I'm truly doing what medical schools would define as research, would MD/PhD programs be expecting a LOR from my boss in this position due to my title?