LoR from environmental chemistry prof?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ABBU219

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I saw that UDM specifically wants LoRs from "non-environmental" related science profs, whereas other schools just say 'science professors'. Do you guys know if when the admissions website says 'science prof', then that also includes environmental sciences as well? Has anyone submitted LoR from environmental science profs through AADSAS?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I saw that UDM specifically wants LoRs from "non-environmental" related science profs, whereas other schools just say 'science professors'. Do you guys know if when the admissions website says 'science prof', then that also includes environmental sciences as well? Has anyone submitted LoR from environmental science profs through AADSAS?
I applied to a few schools that required 2-3 "science professor" LORs. One of my letters was written by a professor lecturing in ecology and marine biology. She was awesome, and she knew me well. The schools didn't seem to have an issue with it, and I never had to submit additional letters.

I'm not sure if it had more to do with my undergrads classification system, though, because environmental sciences fell under the general category of biology.

Hey guys,

I still got into UDM with an environmental science professor's letter of rec. He was my only Bio letter and the other two were from chem.