LOR from old PD CL fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

movingtopastures

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, Im a PGY3 Psych resident applying CL Psychiatry this year. I previously was at another psych residency for 1.2 years before leaving to personal reasons. I then restarted my psych career at my current residency, I am applying to CL with the support of my current PD, Chair of the current department, and CL/ED psychiatrist all at my current program. Should I include a LOR from my old PD from the first program, as it's been almost 4 years since I worked with him so he told me he honestly couldn't really say much regarding my performance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, Im a PGY3 Psych resident applying CL Psychiatry this year. I previously was at another psych residency for 1.2 years before leaving to personal reasons. I then restarted my psych career at my current residency, I am applying to CL with the support of my current PD, Chair of the current department, and CL/ED psychiatrist all at my current program. Should I include a LOR from my old PD from the first program, as it's been almost 4 years since I worked with him so he told me he honestly couldn't really say much regarding my performance.
I don't think you need a letter of recommendation from your old PD if you are in good standing at your current program and have a letter from your current PD.

Reactions: 6 users
I don't think you need a letter of recommendation from your old PD if you are in good standing at your current program and have a letter from your current PD.
Thankyou for your reply, its given me a bit of relief, as this has been giving me anxiety

Last edited: