LOR from old PD CL fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

movingtopastures

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, Im a PGY3 Psych resident applying CL Psychiatry this year. I previously was at another psych residency for 1.2 years before leaving to personal reasons. I then restarted my psych career at my current residency, I am applying to CL with the support of my current PD, Chair of the current department, and CL/ED psychiatrist all at my current program. Should I include a LOR from my old PD from the first program, as it's been almost 4 years since I worked with him so he told me he honestly couldn't really say much regarding my performance.
 
Hi, Im a PGY3 Psych resident applying CL Psychiatry this year. I previously was at another psych residency for 1.2 years before leaving to personal reasons. I then restarted my psych career at my current residency, I am applying to CL with the support of my current PD, Chair of the current department, and CL/ED psychiatrist all at my current program. Should I include a LOR from my old PD from the first program, as it's been almost 4 years since I worked with him so he told me he honestly couldn't really say much regarding my performance.
I don't think you need a letter of recommendation from your old PD if you are in good standing at your current program and have a letter from your current PD.
 
I don't think you need a letter of recommendation from your old PD if you are in good standing at your current program and have a letter from your current PD.
Thankyou for your reply, its given me a bit of relief, as this has been giving me anxiety
 
Last edited: