LOR from optometrist

Started by Optgal96
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Optgal96

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, so I just need one more recommendation letter from an optometrist and unfortunately, it's been difficult because the past ones I've shadowed won't call me back (I've called twice and left a message with their secretary). So I recently shadowed another one and told him my dilemma because he was such a sweet and caring person. I wish I had met him sooner. He told me he completely understood but because our time was brief (about 2 hours), he gave me another option. He wants me to write a recommendation letter for myself and he would look over it and add/remove stuff and have me look at it again for "approval" before he sent it. Are there any issues here I should be worried about? I am sort of desperate because it is the last thing I need before submitting my application. I know schools prefer that applicants not see the letters, but would they even know? Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks
 
Hi, so I just need one more recommendation letter from an optometrist and unfortunately, it's been difficult because the past ones I've shadowed won't call me back (I've called twice and left a message with their secretary). So I recently shadowed another one and told him my dilemma because he was such a sweet and caring person. I wish I had met him sooner. He told me he completely understood but because our time was brief (about 2 hours), he gave me another option. He wants me to write a recommendation letter for myself and he would look over it and add/remove stuff and have me look at it again for "approval" before he sent it. Are there any issues here I should be worried about? I am sort of desperate because it is the last thing I need before submitting my application. I know schools prefer that applicants not see the letters, but would they even know? Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks

PM me