LOR frustration!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rgerwin

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's probably impossible for any advice in this situation, though any is more than welcome. I have a professor who is notorious for lagging in LORs, but also writes amazing letters. So, I asked him in February, and gave 6/1 as the dealine. Since 6/3 I've been emailing him, with zero response. He doesn't pick up the phone very often, so should I take off work, drive the 1.5 hrs both ways and stalk his office? Is that too much?

Members don't see this ad.

rgerwin said:
I know it's probably impossible for any advice in this situation, though any is more than welcome. I have a professor who is notorious for lagging in LORs, but also writes amazing letters. So, I asked him in February, and gave 6/1 as the dealine. Since 6/3 I've been emailing him, with zero response. He doesn't pick up the phone very often, so should I take off work, drive the 1.5 hrs both ways and stalk his office? Is that too much?

If you have that much free time then you can go there. Ask others who got the LORs from him how they managed to do it. But the best thing to do is probably to ask someone else. Good luck.