Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

LOR Help...what would you do?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by thefifthbeatle, May 15, 2007.

1. thefifthbeatle

thefifthbeatle Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I currently have 3 LOR...A bio prof, An Ochem prof and a Phys prof.

BUT--

I became very good friends with my Economics prof. Is it worth having him write me a letter? yes, he is not a science prof, but he could be the icing on the cake.

I already have my minimum of 2 or 3 science professors (depending on school) Is an econ prof worth it?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Nasem

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    well, I say yes..
    many schools requires 2 LORS from science professors and 1 from non-science professor (or employer etc etc)

4. ToothE

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    HELP! When I initially went to my teachers to get LOR's, I just went to three science teachers that I know very well without thinking that all of them are Bio teachers. Physiology, Mammology, and Biochem/Molec Bio II (which in some cases can be taken as a Chem class, I think).

But, as I'm doing some final research on the schools I am applying to, I see that most want one from a predental committee, but some will take "one from a Biology teacher, and one from a Chemistry teacher".

BUT, I only have all biology and one dentist!! What should I do? Do you think it is ok? What should I do?? :confused: