LOR Help

Started by ian21
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ian21

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, so a recommender agreed to write me a lor and I requested it a month ago but the deadline is today and I have not received a confirmation that it has been submitted. I sent two follow up emails but my recommender has not responded to any of them yet. I decided to go ahead and extend the deadline for submission another week but at this point I honestly dont know what to do because I waited so long and trying to find a backup will delay the completion of my application. How many more emails should I send or how much longer should I wait before giving up and contacting a different recommender to write me one? Thank you in advance.
 
Hi, so a recommender agreed to write me a lor and I requested it a month ago but the deadline is today and I have not received a confirmation that it has been submitted. I sent two follow up emails but my recommender has not responded to any of them yet. I decided to go ahead and extend the deadline for submission another week but at this point I honestly dont know what to do because I waited so long and trying to find a backup will delay the completion of my application. How many more emails should I send or how much longer should I wait before giving up and contacting a different recommender to write me one? Thank you in advance.
Looks like they're ghosting you and you're unlikely to get a letter from them. I'd find someone else ASAP.
 
Looks like they're ghosting you and you're unlikely to get a letter from them. I'd find someone else ASAP.
Agreed. I’d act as if I only have one letter at this point and I’m trying to get another one now. That’s pretty unprofessional on their part also. They’d probably be doing you a favor by not even replying to you as they may not have written you a strong Letter.