• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!
Apr 22, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hi, so a recommender agreed to write me a lor and I requested it a month ago but the deadline is today and I have not received a confirmation that it has been submitted. I sent two follow up emails but my recommender has not responded to any of them yet. I decided to go ahead and extend the deadline for submission another week but at this point I honestly dont know what to do because I waited so long and trying to find a backup will delay the completion of my application. How many more emails should I send or how much longer should I wait before giving up and contacting a different recommender to write me one? Thank you in advance.

artist2022

UCLA D3 :)
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Hi, so a recommender agreed to write me a lor and I requested it a month ago but the deadline is today and I have not received a confirmation that it has been submitted. I sent two follow up emails but my recommender has not responded to any of them yet. I decided to go ahead and extend the deadline for submission another week but at this point I honestly dont know what to do because I waited so long and trying to find a backup will delay the completion of my application. How many more emails should I send or how much longer should I wait before giving up and contacting a different recommender to write me one? Thank you in advance.
Looks like they're ghosting you and you're unlikely to get a letter from them. I'd find someone else ASAP.

Reactions: 2 users
Dec 5, 2019
Looks like they're ghosting you and you're unlikely to get a letter from them. I'd find someone else ASAP.
Agreed. I’d act as if I only have one letter at this point and I’m trying to get another one now. That’s pretty unprofessional on their part also. They’d probably be doing you a favor by not even replying to you as they may not have written you a strong Letter.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.