1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

LOR issues

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by VenusFlyTrap, May 16, 2007.

1. VenusFlyTrap

VenusFlyTrap New Member
    5+ Year Member

Psychology Student
    I am getting three LORs from science profs ( Ochem,Chem, Physics) I also got one from a dentist that I had worked with for 3.5 yrs. My question is..... I've been working with an oral surgeon and he also wrote me a LOR. AADSAS will only take 4. Should I send the surgeon's letter on my own to selected schools? Or can I ask my physics prof to print extra copies and send his letter on my own without AADSAS?...:confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. djeffreyt

djeffreyt Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    I don't think is particularly matters which of the two you ask to do it.

I did note, and this may be something you thought of and decided didn't matter, that you have no biology professor. YOu have two chemistry professors and a physics professor. A few schools are very specific that y ou must have a biology professor as one of the LOE writers. I'm not sure how strictly they enforce the rule and I can't remember offhand which schools specify the Bio Professor, but I thought I'd mention it in case you hadn't thought of it.

4. Nasem

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    you can use interfolio.com

They will store your LOR and you can send it to multiple schools and such...

So you can like 5 different LOR in your interfolio bank, you send 4 of them to AADSAS, and the last one, you use interfolio to send it to however many schools you choose to....

5. Gordon9721

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    :mad: From AADSAS:
    Applicants may submit a maximum of four individual Letters of Evaluation or one Committee Letter/Report plus the option of one additional individual Letter of Evaluation.

Does this mean we're strictly limited to the committee letter and only one more letter? Hopefully not, has anyone fully finished their letters of recommendation section?

AADSAS is killing us.

Have any reapplicants noticed the extreme jump in fees for AADSAS as well? They're pimping us broke college students! :mad:

6. VenusFlyTrap

VenusFlyTrap New Member
    5+ Year Member

Psychology Student

Would be all right if I were to use AADSAS for the LOR from profs ( i need to get one from Bio) and use interfolio for the dentist and surgeon? ( i might end up cutting my physics prof) would 6 be too many?

7. VenusFlyTrap

VenusFlyTrap New Member
    5+ Year Member

Psychology Student
    So the Oral Surgeon sent his LOR to interfolio and I got a message from Interfolio saying that they recieved it...... should I have them mail it out now to the schools I applied to? Or should I wait until the schools get my info from AADSAS? Thanx guys :)

8. litldime

Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    i have 5 LOR that are accompaning my school's committee review...they will all be forwarded to the schools right?
    -ld