LOR Junk

Started by Boxer1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Boxer1

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck to everyone applying this year. I'm getting my ERAS application ready, and I can't find the answer to a few of my questions anywhere. I have a few Letter's of Recommendation from non-Neurologists, and I am awaiting letters from one or two neurologists.

1. Can I submit my ERAS application with only a few (1 or 2) of my LORs, then add the others later without being at a disadvantage?

2. Many neurology programs indicate that they want 3 LORs. Do they limit the number of letters they want to 3 or can I send them 4.

I ask because I'm not sure if I will have 1 or 2 LORs from Neurologists. For example, if I submitted 2 non-neurologist LORs next week with my application, and then sent in 2 more LORs, both from Neurologists latter, would the residency program accept both of them. My main concern is that I think my best LOR will come last, probably in mid October, and I want to make sure they will take it.

Any other advice you may want to offer to a poor MSIV, trying to make it in the big world of Neurology would be appreciated.