LOR letter matching form

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dexadental

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright so I have all my letters in down here at Gainesville in my letter file, just waiting to get sent out. I don't have any of those matching forms though...does anyone else think its a bit odd that they release those a little before the app goes up? It just doesn't make sense at all. Do I need my professors and dentists to rewrite the letters? Or can they sign the matching forms and somehow get them sent out with their letters? I'm confused.

Members don't see this ad.

dexadental said:
Alright so I have all my letters in down here at Gainesville in my letter file, just waiting to get sent out. I don't have any of those matching forms though...does anyone else think its a bit odd that they release those a little before the app goes up? It just doesn't make sense at all. Do I need my professors and dentists to rewrite the letters? Or can they sign the matching forms and somehow get them sent out with their letters? I'm confused.

Well, the professors don't even need to sign the matching forms. You just need to write their names on the matching form (no signature is required). If you have a pre-health committee at your school that is compiling your letters, just write up the matching forms, give it to them, and tell them to attach it to the respective recommendations and you should be fine.

Is this really true? I thought you need their autographs? Also, is the matching form for the 2005 cycle, the upcoming one? If so its up and I guess I should print it out. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
dexadental said:
Is this really true? I thought you need their autographs? Also, is the matching form for the 2005 cycle, the upcoming one? If so its up and I guess I should print it out. Thanks.

take a look at the matching form for 2005, and you will notise that they just need to fill out their name, and the institution they are from. no where does it require a signature. i think the purpose of these matching forms is just so AADSAS can organise the LORs, and can quickly discern which recommender the recommendation belongs to...

dexadental said:

I am in the same situation having all of my LORs ready to go. This topic has been discussed a number of times in the recent past. This is what most recommended, and it's also what I am doing.

Download the LOR Matching Form that is online right now and change the 2005 to 2006. Then fill in the information and attach one around each of your LORs. Mail the LORs in together and wait for those interview invites to come your way. From what I understand, the LOR Matching Form is so AADSAS can direct the LORs to the right applicant's file.

Hope this helps. If anybody knows anything else or something different, please let us know.