LOR logistics question

Started by average
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

average

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying to 16 programs and have already had three LORs downloaded by most of them. I just obtained what I feel will be a strong LOR from another person. Will programs that only require three LORs use this forth letter or does it generally get ignored if they only require three?

Also, should I bother going to each programs website and seeing how many letters they require or do you think that sending 4 LORs to each program is kosher. Currently I have 2 path and 2 other.

Thankyou for any feedback :luck:
 
I am applying to 16 programs and have already had three LORs downloaded by most of them. I just obtained what I feel will be a strong LOR from another person. Will programs that only require three LORs use this forth letter or does it generally get ignored if they only require three?

Also, should I bother going to each programs website and seeing how many letters they require or do you think that sending 4 LORs to each program is kosher. Currently I have 2 path and 2 other.

Thankyou for any feedback :luck:

By all means get that letter if you know it will be strong. A 4th letter can only hurt you if it is lukewarm or weak. Programs can download the 4th letter from ERAS once it's uploaded.