amalgamgrillz

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2008
USA
  1. Pre-Dental
    Hey everyone,

I decided to use interfolio this year so that I can hve everything organized well before June 1st. I was wondering what the lor matching does exactly? Does my referee have to fill it out specific things or anything? Does it include special instructions (I.e. Course name, course code,etc,) because right now my referees are just writing general reference letters..no special AADSAS format or anything..

Could someone please explain this for me?

dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
    10+ Year Member
    Jun 25, 2009
    Sterling Hts, Mi
    1. Dentist
      Hey everyone,

I decided to use interfolio this year so that I can hve everything organized well before June 1st. I was wondering what the lor matching does exactly? Does my referee have to fill it out specific things or anything? Does it include special instructions (I.e. Course name, course code,etc,) because right now my referees are just writing general reference letters..no special AADSAS format or anything..

Could someone please explain this for me?

I am confused as to what your asking...

Your writers will write up the LOR. From here, they have 2 options:
      1) they can print it out and mail it to interfolio (via the instructions interfolio gives you and you give to them)
      2) they can upload the LOR electronically into your interfolio account (much easier ~ all you do is provide interfolio with your writers Name and email address, interfolio will contact them and give them the link to upload the letter)

the end.

Khompressor

10+ Year Member
      Jul 25, 2009
      1. Dental Student
        The LOR matching form just makes it easier for AADSAS to process it under your account. I forgot how I did it, but Interfolio lets you upload that form so it can be sent with your respective letter.

About the Ads

BruinDentist

10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        May 19, 2008
          Here's how it works:

• You have your letters sent by your evaluators to Interfolio either electronically or through regular mail.
          • Once the AADSAS application is available, you enter your evaluators' information and designate your letters as PAPER.
          • Download the AADSAS LoR Matching Forms.
          • Upload the Matching Forms to Interfolio, selecting "AADSAS Letter of Evaluation Form" for document type.
          • Send out all the letters and the matching forms to AADSAS in one mailing.
          • Wait for AADSAS to receive and process your letters.
          There are two things you need to take care of first if you want to submit your application as early as possible:

1. Sending out transcripts
          2. Sending out letters of evaluation
          These are going to determine how early you can officially submit your application. GPA verification is by far the slowest process, so you want to make sending out transcripts your biggest priority. You can expect to wait a couple weeks before both are processed by AADSAS, so you can use that time to fill out the rest of your application. Good luck!

shareshab

Apr 15, 2010
          1. Pre-Dental
            does ADSSAS ACCEPT TRANSCRIPT from interfolio because in interfolio web site mentioned already that medical applicant should send their official transcript directly :confused: AND BY THe way what is the point of sending unofficial transcript to INTERFOLIO please some body explain thanks

Last edited:

Maygyver

10+ Year Member
            5+ Year Member
            Jun 14, 2008
            1. Pre-Dental
              Personally, it seems like more of a hassle to use interfolio. It really isn't that tough to have professors upload their letters straight to AADSAS. Having everything in interfolio before June 1st isn't really going to help you at all. It's just as easy, if not faster, to have your professors upload their letters on June 1st.

As far as transcripts, shareshab, don't send those to interfolio. That wouldn't really make sense. You have your university send the transcripts directly and attach the matching form with those.

BruinDentist

10+ Year Member
              5+ Year Member
              May 19, 2008
                does ADSSAS ACCEPT TRANSCRIPT from interfolio because in interfolio web site mentioned already that medical applicant should send their official transcript directly :confused: AND BY THe way what is the point of sending unofficial transcript to INTERFOLIO please some body explain thanks

You have to send official transcripts directly from the school. You can store your transcripts in Interfolio if you ever need an unofficial copy for some reason, but most people don't and it's not useful for graduate-level applications.

yappy

10+ Year Member
                Jul 11, 2008
                1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
                  I'm useing interfolio for two reasons. In case I have to reapply or need letters in the future I can reuse the letters they upload. And I like to be in control lol. I dont want to wait till june and just hope they upload it. I like having my letters cocked and loaded at my command.:cool:

Maygyver

10+ Year Member
                  5+ Year Member
                  Jun 14, 2008
                  1. Pre-Dental
                    I'm useing interfolio for two reasons. In case I have to reapply or need letters in the future I can reuse the letters they upload. And I like to be in control lol. I dont want to wait till june and just hope they upload it. I like having my letters cocked and loaded at my command.:cool:

Aren't you still waiting for them to turn it in to interfolio? Not sure of the logic. Good luck though.

About the Ads
                    This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    7. This thread is locked.