LOR matching form

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IzzyMarieDMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying next cycle and planning on asking a professor for a letter of recommendation before the end of this semester. I've heard people mention a LOR matching form that AADSAS has to have to accept your letters. Where can I get one and is there anything else my professor needs to include with the letter?

P.S.
I was planning on giving her an envelope and telling her to sign the seal (I heard that they have to do this). I was then going to wait to mail the letter to AADSAS in the spring. How did you guys go about getting letters??

Members don't see this ad.

If you've attended a college that has a prehealth committee that compiles the LORs for you that would make your life much easier. Otherwise, I think you need three LORs, preferably from science professors.

Once you've set up your AADSAS accounts and once you've filled in the name and other relevant info about the person you want to do the LOR for you, you can automatically print the matching form.

are the matching forms required? and is there any way that I can get one before I open an AADSAS account?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry Izzy, no access to the matching form prior to the time the application opens. The matching form as your AADSAS ID. This ID doesn't exist until after you register for the application. Ask the Prof this semester and just give them the form in May.

Good luck,
jB!

The professor never needs to see that form. Get the letters as soon as you can. Make sure you have them in your hand in mid may, then pencil in their contact info on these forms.

I had the same question way back when. Don't let this meaningless form hold up your letters. Get them ASAP. Then in may, throw the letters and the forms in a large envelope and pray that they make it to AADSAS.

Good Luck:thumbup:

thanks guys

It's funny that right after I asked this AADSAS opened the new applications for next cycle so I can print them, lol so no worries :cool:

are the matching forms required? and is there any way that I can get one before I open an AADSAS account?

the matching forms aren't required, just highly recommended to make the people at AADSAS's life easier...i had 7 recommendations sent and didn't use the matching forms and everything worked out fine for me..goodluck!:D

now AADSAS is letting new people create accounts for next year's cycle. before, u couldn't access any of the application stuff unless u were already registered for the current cycle. Does that make sense???

now AADSAS is letting new people create accounts for next year's cycle. before, u couldn't access any of the application stuff unless u were already registered for the current cycle. Does that make sense???

Yes, this makes sense. I looked on AADSAS and can't find it anywhere. Can you post the web address to this part of the site?

Sorry kid, that would be for this cycle. Everything is purged in march or so then look for that same thing again in mid may.

Sorry kid, that would be for this cycle. Everything is purged in march or so then look for that same thing again in mid may.

r u serious? but can I go ahead and print forms for my profs anyway?

so is this matching form just a matter of convenience for AADSAS and it is not required? also, is it true that i can submit my application first and LORs afterwards? or do i have to collect all of them and THEN submit application? thanks.

Everything you just said is true, but you will want to submit your LOR asap. You never know if aadsas wil randomly lose them and you need to give them new ones.

You submit the app electronically and send in a few hard copy items like letters and transcripts afterward. Transcripts need to be official, sealed, and sent by registrar.

So if we have a committee letter, we have the head committee person fill out the matching form?

The matching form can be filled out by yourself and is just just a matter of convenience :cool: . That's what I heard! However, my prof did not seal and sign the envelopes for the LOR, does the ADA still accept them? Or should I have the prof seal and sign it?

The matching form can be filled out by yourself and is just just a matter of convenience :cool: . That's what I heard! However, my prof did not seal and sign the envelopes for the LOR, does the ADA still accept them? Or should I have the prof seal and sign it?

Signing and sealing isn't a big deal. Just open the letter, read it, if it is good then seal it. If it isn't a great letter, then find a new prof.

Sign and seal is just a formality.

Hey, since when are students allowed to seal it :D! I'm not opening the LOR's because it's supposed to be confidential. Some schools even ask for the prof to send the letters!

Hey, since when are students allowed to seal it :D! I'm not opening the LOR's because it's supposed to be confidential. Some schools even ask for the prof to send the letters!

Since when does aadsas require a seal?