LOR mentions interest in Peds and IM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HuskyPride149

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have general question. I have a LOR from my peds clerkship director and at the time of our discussion, I had mentioned I was interested in applying both Med/Peds and Peds given the competitiveness of Med/Peds and me as an average applicant. Would the fact that she mentioned I have interest in IM be a red flag if I were to submit the letter for a peds residency program? Thank you.
 
I have general question. I have a LOR from my peds clerkship director and at the time of our discussion, I had mentioned I was interested in applying both Med/Peds and Peds given the competitiveness of Med/Peds and me as an average applicant. Would the fact that she mentioned I have interest in IM be a red flag if I were to submit the letter for a peds residency program? Thank you.
No
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I appreciate the feedback @oldbearprofessor and @SurfingDoctor ! Feel free to delete this thread if you're a moderator or someone who can. Thank you!